Utah Valley University is the largest public university in the state of Utah, and one of a few in the nation offering a dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college.
The unique model, which focuses on student success, engaged learning, rigorous academic programs, and faculty-mentored research, is transforming higher education by making it more affordable and accessible to students of all backgrounds.
There is a strong emphasis to provide learning outside of the classroom, and to incorporate real world experiences into the curriculum.
Fun Facts About UVU
- 39,931 Students with an average class size of 23
- 208 Degree options: 8 MASTER • 89 BACHELOR • 65 ASSOCIATE
- 52% of students receive financial aid assistance
- Largest college campus in Utah
- First officially recognized women’s college hockey program in Utah
- 74 countries are represented in the student body
- 32 percent of our students are nontraditional (25+ years old)
About UVU Women’s Hockey
UVU started is a club team in the 2018/2019 season racking up an impressive 8 Wins / 2 Loss record against intercollegiate competition this past season. That included a 3 Wins / 1 Loss record in the WWCHL tournament. We are thrilled to be a part of the ACHA Division I for the 2019/2020 season participating in the Western States Women’s Hockey League with other teams in the West.
Our home rink is the Peaks Ice Arena, the host rink for women’s hockey during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games. It is a wonderful double ice sheet facility that is proud to support THREE collegiate hockey teams!